Nesco Resource is partnering with a national architectural firm in its search for a Sr. Project Architect for its Latham location. Our client is grounded yet progressive and offers competitive compensation and benefits!
Candidates should come with 8-10 years of experience in architectural CAD production and document coordination. In this role, you will be developing and executing architectural design work for both public and private clients .You will also coordinate the efforts of both in-house and outside teams who handle structural engineering, MEP design, civil and environmental engineering services. We're looking for an enthusiastic go-getter who is just as comfortable managing the work as they are interfacing with clients.
- Makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have an important impact on extensive architectural activities.
- Ability to demonstrate creativity, foresight and mature architectural judgment in anticipating and solving challenging architectural problems.
- Determine project objectives and requirements.
- Develop standards and guidelines for diverse architectural activities.
- Determine compliance with technical documents and industry specific standards and codes.
- Involved in the analysis of client problems in conceiving and developing architectural solutions to those problems.
- Manage, coordinate and mentor staff and project level employees.
- Manage all aspects of client relations including attending meetings.
- Perform other like duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications
- 10+ years of architectural design experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Architectural Design.
- Exceptional knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit and other BIM software.
- The ability to work and thrive in a team environment.
- Knowledge of project specifications & CSI division formatting.
- Strong organizational, time management & multitasking skills.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Sketch-Up, and Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture highly desired.
- Professional RA, desired.
- Architecture enrollment in NCARB IDP preferred.
- LEED certification a plus.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.